GUIDELINE AS PER PREVAILING PROCEDURE REGARDING APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION / RENEWAL / NOTICE OF CHANGE UNDER SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS ACT, 1963.
- Name of shop/establishment, postal address and exact location of shop/establishment, nature of business etc should match with trade license and also with memorandum of understanding, article of association, partnership deed (as applicable). Shop keeper / employers' name can not appear as the name of shop / establishment Supportive documents are required to be produced in case of persons engaged and shown to be owners' family members.
- If the store room / godown / warehouse etc. happen to be located at different places, different trade licenses are to be produced.
- RBI Challan should be submitted in original and current trade license should be produced along with the application in form B.
- All overwriting must be counter signed by the employer.
- Following certificates are required to be produced depending upon the nature of business :
Non banking finance : RBI Certification.
Share or mutual fund : SEBI Certification.
Insurance : IRDA Certification.
- Xerox Copies of the documents must be attested by a competent authority.
- If the format of the Appointment Letter issued by the employer to the employee varies with the statutory format - Form X, then the employer has to establish that the format has been approved by the State Government. Even if the employee strength is more than 10, at least one set of form X is to be submitted. (must be countersigned by the employees)
- Where outsourcing agencies are present in shops/establishments, agreement between the outsourcing agency and shop/establishment should be submitted. The owner of shop/establishment should also submit a declaration regarding the directors list / partners list / owner name with address and the number of employees employed of the outsourcing agency.
- Late submissions of forms are subject to inspection and prosecution may be launched if required.
- Authorization letter must be given by the directors and the same should have attestation of signature of the authorized signatory. In case of partnership firm if authorization letter is not there then all the documents should be signed by all the partners.
- Date of commencement of business can not be changed.